Hearst Castle In san Simeon, California
Located in San Simeon, California, Hearst Castle is a magnificent mansion, national landmark and state park. Built atop a hillside above the Pacific Ocean for wealthy newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, Casa Grande features a large collection of art and antiques, 56 bedrooms, 51 bathrooms and a movie theater.
Explore the breathtaking estate with beautiful gardens covering 120 acres, ornate swimming pools, an airfield, tennis courts, a private zoo, and overlooks with sweeping views of the Central Coast and the Pacific Ocean. Hearst Castle offers several tours and events.
Piedras Blancas Elephant Seals
Just a few minutes north of the castle grounds, off California Highway 1, the Piedras Blancas rookery is home to a world-famous natural sight. The elephant seals of Piedras Blancas number in the tens of thousands, migrating to the secluded beach twice each year. The best times to visit the rookery are in late April, October and late January, but tourists travel to the beach year-round to see its famous residents. Plan a trip to Hearst Castle and see both attractions.
- Grand Rooms Tours: Adults: $25; Children $12
- Cottages & Kitchen Tours: Adults: $25; Children $12
- Evening Tour: Adults: $36; Children $18
- Upstairs Suites Tours: Adults: $25; Children $12
- March to Sept: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Mon-Sun
- October to Feb: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri
- October to Feb: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sat-Sun
- Christmas at the Castle
- Grand Rooms Tour
- Cottages & Kitchen Tour
- The Gardens at Hearst Castle
- Upstairs Suites Tour
- Evening Tour